Welcome to Surrey DPAC
2020-21 DPAC Meetings
The next DPAC General Meeting was be held on November 25, 2020, online via Zoom.
To view the presentation by Dr Vanessa Lapointe please visit our facebook page.
Please join us for:
- BCCPAC President Andrea Sinclair
- Children’s mental health and COVID-19 with Dr. Vanessa Lapointe
- Discussion: Inclusion of diverse learners
- Draft minutes (Oct. 28, 2020)
- District News, November 2020
- Survey Summary November 2020
- Oct 28, 2020 General Meeting presentation
- District News, October 2020
All general meetings are held on the 4th Wednesday monthly (except December and March), 7-9 pm. Registration/login begins at 6:45 pm.
To follow social distancing protocols, meetings will be conducted online until further notice. When in-person meetings resume, they will be held at the District Education Centre, 14033 92 Avenue, Room 2020.
- Jan. 27, 2021
- Feb. 24, 2021
- April 28, 2021
- May 26, 2021: AGM
Zoom License Sharing
As you may have heard, BCCPAC was able to acquire Zoom Licenses for DPACs to share with their PACs. Our DPAC Zoom Administrator is Lakhbir Johal. She will manage/schedule the use of our licenses, to ensure fair and equitable use for all PACs in our district.
If your PAC is not registered with Surrey DPAC, please send a copy of your minutes that lists all your executives on your PAC. You MUST be one of the executives to request and host the Zoom meeting via this License.
To schedule your PAC Zoom meeting, please send the following information to email@example.com well in advance:
- Date of meeting:
- Start time:
- End time:
- Title of Meeting: (example: Bear Creek Elementary PAC Executive Meeting or General Meeting)
- Description of meeting: (here you could include a brief agenda or highlight an important issue being discussed e.g: discuss and vote on budget)
- Name of meeting host:
- Host email address:
- Host phone number:
- Attach minutes if your PAC is not registered with Surrey DPAC.
Once we receive this email with all information requested, our DPAC Zoom Admin will contact you with more information about your scheduled meeting.
Points to know:
- Each license can host a meeting, with no time limits, for up to 300 attendees.
- Licenses are available for use until the end of June 2021 at no cost to the DPAC or the PAC for their use.
- Accounts are ONLY to be used for PAC-related meetings and requested by a PAC Executive.
- Available Zoom services include: Polls,, Chat, Muting, Reactions, Feedback. Recording is available for your PAC Zoom meeting, however, please be aware that the recording will only save to our DPAC zoom email account and not on your device or your email. To access the recording, if you choose to use it, you will need to contact our DPAC Zoom Admin.
Register your PAC with BCCPAC
The BC Confederation of Parent Advisory Councils (BCCPAC) is the provincial voice of parents. Surrey DPAC strongly encourages all PACs to join BCCPAC, to ensure that Surrey schools are adequately represented at the provincial level. Annual membership is $75 per PAC, and registration must be completed by Dec. 31 in order to have voting privileges at the AGM in May.
Register your PAC with DPAC
Please remember to register your school with DPAC to vote on decisions at general meetings, give the DPAC direction on issues to advocate on your school’s behalf, and represent your parent voice.
Resources from recent General Meetings
- Understanding School District Budgets (Nov. 2019 presentation)
- Camp We Empower presentation
- Afterschool for All: Recreation Surrey presentation
- Recreation Surrey links:
- Kids Play Foundation presentation
- YMCA presentation:
- BCEdAccess Interim Report on Exclusion Tracker
- BCTF presentation, Advocating for your Child:
- Why Are Gifted Programs Needed?
- Surrey Schools Regulation 10310.1, School Volunteers
- Charitable donations presentation
- Results of social media survey
- Example Facebook Groups Guidelines
- Communications Guidelines for PACs (North Vancouver PAC document)
- BCCPAC information on C&Bs (including sample C&B)
- DPAC resources for PACs (including downloadable sample C&B)
- Bear Creek Elementary C&B
- BCCPAC Resources, including Leadership Manual