January DPAC General Meeting
* Charitable donations, tax receipts, and related financial matters
* Social media for PACs: Take our short survey!
January 30, 2019
7:00 pm (Registration at 6:45)
District Education Centre (DEC) Building
14033 – 92nd Avenue, Surrey
Surrey Schools’ Assistant Secretary Treasurer Simon Ayres will be on hand to present and answer questions relating to the process of donating to schools through the school district, restrictions regarding tax receipts, and other financial matters of interest to PACs. If your PAC has specific related questions, please also feel free to send them in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DPAC will also host a discussion focused on social media for PACs. Please send us any questions your PAC may have, or let us know what is working (or not working) at your school. Please also take our short survey (should take less than 5 minutes) to help us understand how PACs use social media to communicate with parents. Results will be presented at the meeting.
Resources from Nov. 28 General Meeting
- Draft Oct. 24, 2018 minutes
- DPAC C&B with changes tracked (showing recent changes approved May 2018)
- BCCPAC information on C&Bs (including sample C&B)
- DPAC resources for PACs (including downloadable sample C&B)
- Bear Creek Elementary C&B
- BCCPAC Resources, including Leadership Manual
Register your PAC with DPAC
Please remember to register your school with DPAC to vote on decisions at general meetings, give the DPAC direction on issues to advocate on your school’s behalf, and represent your parent voice.
2018-19 DPAC Meetings
All general meetings are held on the 4th Wednesday monthly (except December and March) at the District Education Centre 14033 92 Avenue, Room 2020, from 7-9 pm. Registration begins at 6:45 pm. Light refreshments are available.
- Sept. 26, 2018 – contact DPAC for Digital Resources presentation
- Oct. 16, 2018 (All Candidates Meeting)
- Oct. 24, 2018 : PAC 101/Finance 101 – PAC and Treasury 101 presentation
- Nov. 28, 2018: Constitution and Bylaws Workshop
- Jan. 30, 2019: Charitable donations; Social media for PACs
- Feb. 27, 2019: Topics related to special needs and exclusion/inclusion
- April 24, 2019: Topics related to gangs, drugs, and violence
- May 22, 2019: AGM, review of Constitution and Bylaws