DPAC General Meetings
DPAC General Meetings are suspended until further notice. Please sign up for our mailing list and connect with us on Facebook for updates. For the most recent news on how Surrey Schools is responding to COVID-19, please see surreyschools.ca/coronavirus.
The in-person BCCPAC conference and AGM scheduled for May 1-3 has also been cancelled. BCCPAC has communicated with members and will be sending additional details regarding the status of the AGM.
Register your PAC with BCCPAC
The BC Confederation of Parent Advisory Councils (BCCPAC) is the provincial voice of parents. Surrey DPAC strongly encourages all PACs to join BCCPAC, to ensure that Surrey schools are adequately represented at the provincial level. Annual membership is $75 per PAC, and registration must be completed by Dec. 31 in order to have voting privileges at the AGM in May.
Register your PAC with DPAC
Please remember to register your school with DPAC to vote on decisions at general meetings, give the DPAC direction on issues to advocate on your school’s behalf, and represent your parent voice.
2019-20 DPAC Meetings
All general meetings are held on the 4th Wednesday monthly (except December and March) at the District Education Centre 14033 92 Avenue, Room 2020, from 7-9 pm. Registration begins at 6:45 pm. Light refreshments are available.
- Sept. 25, 2019
- Oct. 23, 2019: PAC 101
- Nov. 27, 2019
- Jan. 22, 2020
- Feb. 26, 2020
- April 22, 2020
- May 27, 2020: AGM
Resources from recent General Meetings
- Understanding School District Budgets (Nov. 2019 presentation)
- Camp We Empower presentation
- Afterschool for All: Recreation Surrey presentation
- Recreation Surrey links:
- Kids Play Foundation presentation
- YMCA presentation:
- BCEdAccess Interim Report on Exclusion Tracker
- BCTF presentation, Advocating for your Child:
- Why Are Gifted Programs Needed?
- Surrey Schools Regulation 10310.1, School Volunteers
- Charitable donations presentation
- Results of social media survey
- Example Facebook Groups Guidelines
- Communications Guidelines for PACs (North Vancouver PAC document)
- BCCPAC information on C&Bs (including sample C&B)
- DPAC resources for PACs (including downloadable sample C&B)
- Bear Creek Elementary C&B
- BCCPAC Resources, including Leadership Manual